Sunday, June 7, 2009






The first thing I did was come up with a name for my magazine.  I wanted a desserty kind of feel but sophisticated so nothing like "sweet treats."  And how better to class something up than to say it in french so after translating a few words I liked the flow and look of Delicieux the best.  I was debating between two of my favorite photos for the front cover.  I wanted to do the front cover first because as a reader it's the first thing you notice that draws you in and compels you to read.  I have a bank of about 400 photos from the photo shoot of all the chocolate I bought (too many to put on this blog so i figure we can see them as they're in the spreads) and I liked these two the best for a cover.  The one with my friend Annie's face I thought was really fun and personable while the chocolate tower was more serious and sophisticated.  I chose to go with the face because I didn't want this to be just a food magazine but more personable and interactive, less still-life and more people.  Chocolate is to be handled and eaten, not to sit on a table.

No comments:

Post a Comment