Sunday, June 7, 2009






After I got the cover generally blocked in I started with the table of contents page.  It was the page I was second most exited about and I find If I start tackling the aspects of a project i'm exited about I will work faster and happier and more successfully.  This pims photo was also one of my favorites and I put it in compositionally how I thought worked and started putting in page numbers.  I realized I wouldn't have room so I had to extend the tan negative space using photoshop, then I started playing with where the type would go in relation to the flower.  
After blocking in that page I wanted to start tackling the articles.  I had never done columns of copy before so I started by choosing pictures I liked and just threw everything on a page and started messing with it.
I knew i wanted big quotes, I like the way it looks but I realized I had too much going on on one page and I looked for inspirational references online.

No comments:

Post a Comment